Summer is slowing creeping up on us, and I for one am extremely ready! I love everything about summer: From the backyard BBQs, to the long lazy days, to the beach bonfires, and luxurious tropical summer vacations. My house is finally getting on board with the Summer vibes too, and I am so excited to share Part 1 of my Summer Home Tour with you! Today I have teamed up with nine extraordinarily talented bloggers to bring you the Joyful Summer Home Tour. We are each sharing parts of our homes all decorated for summer with you. If you are coming here from Meaningful Spaces, hi and welcome! Isn’t Laura’s home stunning? After you finish my tour, be sure to check out the schedule of participants at the bottom of this post.
For part one of my Summer Home Tour, I will be taking you through the first floor of our three story home and showing you how I have freshened up my formal and informal entryways, along with my den / home office space. At the end of this tour you will find my top five favorite tips for how to refresh your home for the Summer months. Enjoy!
Den / Office Space:
Five tips to refresh your home for Summer:
- Simplify – I am always a fan of the simplistic “less is more” approach when it comes to home decor. This rings especially true in the Summer. Clutter and lots of extra “stuff” will just make your home feel bulky and weighed down. Simplify and keep it clean. You will have a fresh, breezy, relaxing home to spend those long Summer days in.
- Lighten Up – Nothing says fresh Summer decor like a light and bright color scheme. I of course love a good black and white contrast, but I put away some of my darker decor for the summer and replaced it with a lot of bright white and pretty gold. Something about an elegant white and gold combo just screams Summer to me! If you are feeling bold, add in a bright, summery pop of color or two. This can easily be done with fresh flowers, throw pillows, and other accessories.
- Cut the Bulk – I love chunky knit throws, pillows, bold textures, etc., but for Summer I like to slim things down. Store away your chunky knit throws and bulky accessories in favor of more lightweight, summery fabrics.
- Go Green – Fresh or faux greenery are one of my very favorite ways to get those Summer vibes going in my house. I really feel like it brings the fresh outdoors in for the season. The tropical greenery I chose for this space such as the faux palm branches on my entry console make me feel like I am sipping a Pina Colada somewhere with my feet in the sand, and that is instant Summer heaven in my book!
- Get Some Fresh Air – It doesn’t matter how fresh and Summery your house looks if it doesn’t feel fresh and Summery. Throw open your windows, bask in the sunshine, and breathe in that fresh Summer air.
I hope you enjoyed Part 1 of my Summer Home Tour, and that your are able to apply my tips to create a fresh, beautiful Summer home of your own!
Now head on over to Lemons to Lovelys to check out Marci’s beautiful home all freshened up for summer. Then check back tomorrow to follow along through the rest of the tour. The posting schedule is below, so you can be sure you don’t miss a single one! These ladies are all so incredibly talented and have the most beautiful homes. I am so excited for you to see them. Enjoy!
Shop my Home:
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small percentage of the profit from sales made through these links at no additional cost to you. All ideas and opinions expressed are completely my own. I only recommend products that I use or stand behind 100%.